Dental Implant Clinic in San Jose, CA
If you are looking for a dental implant clinic in San Jose, CA, then visit NuSmile Dental & Orthodontics and get treated by our experienced dental surgeons. We are conveniently located at 1319 Blossom Hill Rd, San Jose, CA 95118. For more information, please call us or schedule an appointment online.
Table of Content:
What type of dentists do implants?
What happens at dental implant consultation?
Who is a good candidate for dental implants?
How do I find a good dental implant dentist?
When a tooth becomes lost or is otherwise no longer able to support a conventional filling or crown, a dental implant is the best way to replace the lost tooth and restore a beautiful smile. A dental implant is a small screw that is surgically placed into the jawbone; over time, the implants fuse with the jawbone, providing a sturdy foundation for a replacement tooth or teeth. Dental implant clinics are specialized facilities where dentists, oral surgeons, and other dental specialists work together to provide the best possible care for patients who are seeking to restore their smile with a tooth implant.
A dental implant is a surgical procedure and therefore can only be performed by a doctor of dental surgery. Dentists with this training and expertise have the credentials DDS after their name, which indicates that they have the experience and practical knowledge to perform surgical dental procedures.
The consultative process for a dental implant varies from practice to practice but typically follows the same guidelines, including:
– Oral Examination — The first part of a dental implant consultation involves a thorough examination of the patient’s teeth and gums, as well as an assessment of their overall oral health. In addition, the oral surgeon will go over the patient’s medical history to determine their candidacy as well as to establish any possible complications that may arise. In order to perform a successful dental implant, there must be enough healthy bone remaining from where the patient’s tooth was extracted; the dental surgeon will evaluate the patient’s bone density and quantity. In cases where the patient has an inadequate amount of bone volume, they may need a bone graft before receiving a dental implant.
– X-Ray Examination — X-rays and computer tomography scans (CT scans) are commonly performed during the consultation to determine how dense the bone actually is and if there is enough bone structure to place the implant.
– Treatment Options Discussion — Following the consultation, the dental surgeon will go over the different treatment options with the patient. This is a great time for patients to ask questions; being well-informed is fundamental to making the right decision.
– Treatment Plan — Once the appropriate dental implant treatment has been selected, the oral surgeon will go over the treatment process, including details such as:
– How long the treatment will take
– How many appointments will be necessary
– Local anesthesia and sedation dentistry options
– The recovery period
– Aftercare instructions
There are a few things a dental surgeon will consider to determine if dental implant surgery is ideal for the patient, including:
– Healthy Gums — A successful dental implant procedure can only be performed on disease-free gums. If a patient is currently suffering from periodontal (gum) disease, they must address this condition first before undergoing dental implant surgery.
– Good Jawbone Mass — The dental implant serves as an anchor for the replacement crown, so the patient’s jawbone must be able to accommodate the implant and allow it to be attached securely in place. In order for this to occur, there must be an adequate amount of strong, healthy bone mass.
– Good Oral Hygiene — Although the vast majority of dental implants surgeries are successful (95%), if the patient does not practice good oral hygiene, the chances of infections and other complications occurring are greatly increased.
If you are looking for a dental implant dentist, it is important to find one who has a great deal of experience in performing this type of surgery and knows how to handle complications when they arise. The dental surgeon at NuSmile Dental & Orthodontics has over a decade of experience performing implant surgeries and can ensure a high success rate for all of his patients.
NuSmile Dental & Orthodontics is dedicated to providing you with all of your dental implant needs. Call us today or book an appointment with our dental implant surgery specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 1319 Blossom Hill Road, San Jose, CA 95118. We serve patients from San Jose CA, Los Gatos CA, Campbell CA, Santa Clara CA, Cupertino CA, Sunnyvale CA, Saratoga CA, and Mountain View CA. We look forward to serving you!