What Is the Cost of Veneers per Tooth in San Jose, CA?
If you are looking for a place where you can get affordable veneers, then NuSmile Dental & Orthodontics is the right place for you. Consult with Dr. Lawrence Wu, DDS for a comprehensive treatment. We are conveniently located at 1319 Blossom Hill Rd, San Jose, CA 95118. For more information, please call us or schedule an appointment online.
Table of Content:
Dental veneers are thin pieces of material that can be used to improve the appearance of the teeth; they are often used to close gaps between the teeth or to brighten discolored teeth. Veneers can be made of a variety of different materials, although they are most commonly made out of porcelain (known as traditional veneers) or resin composite (known as bonded veneers). Regardless of the materials from which they are made, veneers are only a few millimeters thick and can be molded to fit the shape of the teeth.
The cost of veneers per tooth varies per clinic and is dependent upon a number of factors, including:
• The material of the veneers
• The geographic location of the clinic
• The dentist’s level of expertise and experience
• The location of the teeth (incisors, canines)
• The extent of cosmetic concerns being addressed
On average, the cost of veneers can range anywhere between $500 and $2,500 per tooth; this wide range is due to the number of variables involved that affect the price. In most cases, porcelain veneers are more expensive; composite veneers are generally more affordable.
The length of time that veneers last is different in every situation and depends on several factors unique to each patient, including:
• The location of the veneers
• The number of veneers
• The type (material) of veneers
• The dentist’s level of experience
• The patient’s lifestyle, such as diet
• Oral hygiene of the patient
• Maintenance care of the patient
With good maintenance, dental veneers can last an average of 10 to 15 years; many patients can benefit from the same veneers for over 20 years.
Veneers provide the following advantages:
• Improved Appearance — Veneers can achieve a polished, pleasing, and radiant appearance without compromising a natural look. When performed properly, veneers do not look unnatural and should be virtually impossible to distinguish from natural teeth.
• Highly Durable and Long-Lasting — Veneers are designed to be strong, resilient, and durable as the teeth go through a great deal of force every day. The materials from which veneers are made also affect their durability; in many cases, they last 10 to 20 years.
• Improved Smile — Not only do veneers correct minor imperfections, but they also help balance a person’s bite or the way their teeth fit together when their jaw is closed.
• Easy Maintenance — Once in place, veneers function just like regular teeth, with the same easy maintenance, including brushing and flossing twice a day, using non-alcoholic mouth wash, and visiting the dentist twice a year for regular cleanings and checkups.
• Fast Results — Unlike other cosmetic restorations, one of the big advantages of veneers is that patients can benefit from the results in only a few visits; there is no need to wait months or years to have perfect teeth.
Although porcelain and composite veneers serve the same basic purpose—to cover imperfections of the teeth and provide a beautiful smile—they have a few key differences that set them apart. Composite veneers are made of a resin composite, which is a hard, durable material that can be made to match the natural appearance of teeth. Porcelain veneers, as their name suggests, are made of porcelain, a material commonly used in dentistry for its strong, resilient properties and tooth-like appearance. Porcelain veneers are typically more expensive than composite veneers as they last longer and look more natural.
To improve your smile in only a few short visits, come to NuSmile Dental & Orthodontics for dental veneers! Call us today or book an appointment for veneers, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 1319 Blossom Hill Road, San Jose, CA 95118. We serve patients from San Jose CA, Los Gatos CA, Campbell CA, Santa Clara CA, Cupertino CA, Sunnyvale CA, Saratoga CA, and Mountain View CA. We look forward to serving you!