Invisalign®: A Comfortable and Convenient Alternative to Braces
Straighten your teeth with clear aligners that are virtually invisible.
How is Invisalign® Different From Traditional Braces?
Invisalign® straightens your teeth just as effectively as traditional metal braces, but using a modern approach that is best suited for an active and social lifestyle. The clear plastic aligners are virtually invisible, so no one has to know they are there. And unlike traditional braces, they are removable! This makes it possible to brush and floss your teeth without the interference of brackets that can contribute to tooth decay. You can pop these clear braces out to eat and drink whatever you like with no food restrictions. Traditional braces use wires and metal that can poke and irritate your gums. Invisalign® is made of smooth plastic that is comfortable to wear. The convenience of Invisalign® appeals to people in all stages of life. Enjoy the significant benefits of improving your smile with minimal impact on how you look and feel.
Why Over One Million Patients Have Used Invisalign®
- Invisalign® works with your schedule. There is minimal time required in our office for treatment as there are no wires and brackets to fix.
- You can keep up with your traditional oral health routine. Traditional braces often cause tooth decay around the brackets because it’s hard to floss and brush, especially between teeth. Invisalign® allows you to completely remove your aligners for easy and thorough cleaning.
- You can occasionally remove them to enjoy a special night out. Life happens, and you want to have the chance to look your best when you need it!
- You can eat or drink whatever you would like. With Invisalign®, there is no risk of breakage or loosening of wires while you are enjoying crunchy or sticky foods. No stress at meal and snack times.
- You can feel like yourself. No need to hide your smile or worry that food is caught in your braces. With Invisalign®, you can feel confident in knowing that you look good and that your breath is fresh.
- You can see what your teeth will look like before you even begin. With Invisalign® advanced 3D imaging computer technology, you can get a sneak peek at what your teeth will look like during each phase of treatment, all the way to the final dazzling result!
- It’s comfortable. Aligners are made of smooth plastic that is custom made for your teeth. There is no risk of poking, bleeding, or irritation when you participate in sports or play a musical instrument.
- Invisalign® is affordable and may be covered by your dental insurance.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
Invisalign® effectively corrects a wide variety of dental problems, including teeth that are widely gapped, overly crowded, or somewhere in between. Invisalign® treatment begins with a consultation to determine if you are a good candidate and to answer all of your questions. Not all dentists or orthodontists work with Invisalign®. We are specially trained providers who will develop an individualized treatment plan for your best results.
We’ll start with x-rays and impressions of your teeth to create a 3-dimensional image. Using this, we can map out the exact movements of your teeth and create a virtual image for you of how your teeth will look. Based on your individualized plan, a series of custom-made, clear aligners are made specifically for you. The aligners are made of BPA-free clear plastic and fit easily over your teeth. They are smooth and should be comfortable to wear. You can remove them to clean your teeth and to eat and drink. About every two weeks you will begin wearing a new set of aligners, progressing you through to your treatment goals. To make sure things are going well, you will have a check-up in the office every six weeks or so to monitor your progress.
How Long Will I Have To Wear Invisalign®?
While each case is unique, depending on the treatment needed, Invisalign® usually takes approximately one year for adults. For teens, the length of treatment is comparable to that of traditional braces. For fastest results, you should wear your aligners 20 to 22 hours a day. As you wear each set of aligners, your teeth gently and gradually shift into place. Once you have achieved the beautiful smile you desire, we may recommend retainers to keep your teeth looking good.
What About Special Occasions or Playing Sports?
Since Invisalign® is designed to be removable, it is perfectly fine to take out your aligners for a special night or event. Or if you play a contact sport that requires a mouth guard, you can simply replace your aligners with the mouth guard while you play. If your contact sport does not require a mouth guard, an extra advantage to Invisalign® is that it allows you to continue to wear your aligners without worrying about sharp brackets or wire ends cutting your mouth.
More than One Million Patients Worldwide Have Been Treated with Invisalign®. Call us for an appointment to get the smile you want without having to change a thing!